Website & Blog Design
What I can do for you?
Whether you need to build a brand new website or redesign the one you already have, it is very important to stay on the forefront of current industry standards and usability practices in order to compete with the competitors in your field.
In order to succeed in today’s world, you have to put your best foot forward and stand out among the crowd. That is what I can do for you. With over 15 years experience building successful websites, plus five of my own websites, I have a proven track record. I won’t just build you a new website. I will listen to your needs and desires for your site and build something that fits you.
Why you may need a new website?
Websites can quickly become outdated for many reasons. Two of the biggest reasons are that you’re using a template that is no longer being updated by the developer, or you had your site specially designed by a designer who is no longer able to provide updates. In order to keep up with rapidly changing website design and best pratices, your site needs to be fresh, current, and most importantly always up to date!
We know you want to be successful – whether you’re a hobby blogger or a small business looking to increase sales and leads. Your website is your first impression and often the only thing a potential reader or customer will see before they decide to put their trust in you. If your site isn’t in top condition and meeting the standards Internet users expect today, it could be a last impression.
How is it done?
I want to create a site for you that fits your needs, shows your personality, and has the functionality you need. I will sit down with you to understand what you want to achieve, how you want your website to look, and what your main goals are for your website. I will ask for a few examples from you of sites that you like and functionality you need. I will then create a mockup design for you to see until we reach a design you love. At that point, I will set about building the site. There will be various sign offs and deadlines that will keep us on track and on the same page.
What can you expect?
- I will assess your needs and your vision and we will talk over everything you need and want for your site.
- I will provide you with a modern website design that matches your vision and works for your audience.
- We will work together to make sure you’re happy with everything all along the process.
- I will test and make modifications to the site, in accordance with the contract, until completion.
- You will need to provide access to your WordPress site. If you don’t already have one, we’ll discuss.
- You will need to commit to timely ongoing communication with me until the project is complete.
- You will need to provide all images and graphics you wish to use in the websites
- WordPress Software Installation
- Premium Theme Installation ($90 value) and Personalized Customization
- Custom Landing Page to Help you Stand Out!
- Custom Layouts to Choose From
- Interactive Sliders
- Custom Sidebar
- Custom Social Media Icons
- Google Analytics Stats Tracking Installation
- On Site Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Contact Form Installation
- Anti-spam protection
What is Not Included?
- I am not a developer, thus I am not able to create or build custom functionality. Typically we can find a plugin that will do whatever you need.
- I am not a designer, so custom graphics are not included.
- I don’t provide site maintenance or editing beyond the scope of the website design contract.
The cost to build or redesign a website depends on the individual site and requirements. It isn’t possible to give a one-size-fits-all cost, because the work involved varies. Our prices fall within the range of $800 for a designed “shell” site that you add the content to yourself to $3500 for a site built completely for you. If you need a firm price to plan your budget, please request a personalized quote. There is no obligation.
I have many examples of websites I’ve designed. Please request samples via email.
Laura Lynch has been building websites professionally since 2003. She has created 5 of her own successful websites, and can show examples of many other current websites and blogs she’s designed.